The Witless Clunkery of a Third-Rate Mind

Friday, February 10, 2006

Update, at Long Last

It's been quite a while since my last update. Work is going well, I suppose. I am now in a bit of a quandary. I have already agreed to work in Kyushu (southwestern Japan) starting in March, taking up a contract with my old company. In fact, I have already signed the contract and everything.

My current job was just meant to be a temporary time-filler between contracts with my other company. But, much to my surprise, this job is kind of fun and moreover, I get paid around twice as much as I would at my other job. It's hard work, and living in this town is pretty awful, but the money is good and the perks are also considerable. So my quandary is a pretty familiar one: do I go for the money, or for the quality of life? I feel pretty strongly that life in Kyushu will be better (more fun, more freedom, more friends) but I have a lot of debts that need to be paid off and the money I could earn here would be awfully useful. I just don't know what to do. I am leaning towards going to Kyushu for a few reasons. One is that I have already signed a contract and breaking that would permanently burn my bridge with that company, if nothing else. On the other hand, there is always a chance that I'll be able to get this job again in the future. Argh.

Other than that, not much is happening. Oh, I bought a computer recently! It's my first computer, and nominally, I bought it for work, but I also figured it would let me do a lot of other things such as use Skype to call home cheaply and so on. But I haven't got the internet at home, so it kind of defeats the purpose... (if I move to Kyushu, my apartment will have free internet...)

Anyway, sorry to have gone so long without an update. I've been busy and at the same time, haven't had much news. I'll try to do this more regularly over the next few months.

Hope all is well and that everyone is happy and healthy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home