The Witless Clunkery of a Third-Rate Mind

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

September in Japan

I don't know if I've mentioned how beautiful it is here right now. Apparently, the weather changed quite abruptly the day before we arrived in Japan. It went from summer heat to autumn cool overnight from what my friends tell me. Now, it is absolutely beautiful weather, with clear blue skies and a nice breeze; the temperature is around 22 degrees and we haven't had much rain (yet). October and November tend to be typhoon season, so I should enjoy the nice weather while I can.

My station (Kashiwa) is the busiest one in Chiba Prefecture. Every day, over 300 000 commuters use it. I think most of them were there at the same time as me this morning; there was some sort of problem with the main train line into Tokyo, so everyone piled onto the local train (which is the one I take). All I can say is, I'm awfully glad that I don't have to take the commuter express regularly. Riding a packed train twice a day every day would drive me crazy, I think. It's a miracle there aren't more axe murderers in Japan...

This weekend, I don't have a concrete plan, although I notice that there is an exhibition of Leonardo DaVinci's sketchbooks in a big gallery downtown. Apparently, it's the first time they've been exhibited in Japan (so I'm guessing it's probably the first time they've left Europe). If I go, I'll tell you how it went. Hope everyone is well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home