The Witless Clunkery of a Third-Rate Mind

Sunday, September 23, 2007

Finished Training...

The pre-service training orientation in Tokyo just finished up, and I think it went pretty well. The first day, I just stood around helping pass out papers, and herding people back into the room when breaks were over. Today, I had to lead a training session in front of 60 teachers! It was a bit scary but I think it went off without any major hitches. For one thing, the teachers were pretty interested in what I had to say, which is always nice. I didn't have to make any real efforts to keep their attention. Plus, I made a few jokes that lightened the mood and seemed to go over well ... I'm just glad they didn't bomb. Anyway, this will probably mean that they will ask me to conduct the same training session again next semester ... I don't know if that's a good thing, or a bad thing! A good thing, I guess.

Tomorrow, we fly out to Oita and move into our apartments. I barely got to do anything here in Tokyo. So much for big city lights! Soon it will be, uh, small town lights or something.

Oh yeah ... more good news ... all that standing at the training for the last couple days seems to have straightened out my back problems, at least for now.

Right now, I'm off for a drink with some of the staff, to celebrate a successful orientation. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home