The Witless Clunkery of a Third-Rate Mind

Friday, December 01, 2006

Sorry for the Long Absence

I want to apologize for the long delay in posting anything here. Basically, I haven't had much news to report, and the other thing is that most of the news has been bad, so I haven't really felt like writing too much.

First, I've just been really busy with school, and also with extra-curricular activities picking up. The Jodo club here at APU became an official club, so we've been practicing more often, and I also had to prepare for my Jodo grading (which I passed!) and that meant going into Oita city twice a week. So basically, I haven't had much free time to write, or much of anything to write about, either.

Then, my uncle passed away last week. It was, on one hand, not unexpected, but on the other hand, much, much too soon. He had been physically strong and healthy and it was just one of those things you can't understand but have to accept anyway.

And now, I'm trying to deal with the fact that, just as I thought I had finally managed to get a girlfriend here, she has decided to break things off because she doesn't want a long-distance relationship. I'm trying to make sense of this, too, but not having much success. Lots of second-guessing going on just now.

In the meantime, I'm here at school, on a Saturday no less, trying to catch up with my marking and planning ... but instead, I'm procrastinating with this Blog. Okay, okay ... now that you know I'm still kicking, back to work! Hope you're all enjoying the lead-up to Christmas. In Japan, it's all very tacky and weird, but somehow it's nice to know that my friends and family are getting ready to enjoy a real Christmas just the same...

1 Comments:

At 3:26 PM, Blogger BeatDogg said...

Yo Jeffro, sorry to hear about your uncle. Did he have cancer? My pops was just diagnosed with prostate cancer so he had surgery to remove it. The docs say he's in the clear but he'll have to keep an eye on it. It also means I'm something like three times more likely to get it, and given the number of risk factors I currently embrace, it looks like I have an 800% chance of catching cancer at some point. Then again, they say regular wanking is supposed to improve your prostate health, so I probably have the prostate gland of a man half my age.

Aaaight Jeffro, keep your chin up and keep the blogs coming. I keep thinking of stuff to write about on mine but... well... y'know how it goes. Sometimes the bar eats you.

BeatDogg

 

Post a Comment

<< Home