The Witless Clunkery of a Third-Rate Mind

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Beautiful Weather ...

We've been having weeks of beautiful weather down here. Fall in Japan is usually the season when typhoons start rolling in off the Pacific; we've had a few, but they have missed us by a long shot. So we've just had day after day of sunny weather in the mid 20's.

Of course, the sun is still intense at this time of year, which I didn't really think about last weekend. I was practicing with the APU Jodo Club, outside at our Saturday morning practice. It stretched out to about 3 hours, and by the end of it, I had given myself a wicked sunburn on my face, neck, and particularly on the top of my head.

It has since healed, (a week of pain, then itching, then peeling) and now I'm feeling back to normal, but this must be the fifth time I've given myself a sunburn on my head because I still haven't quite come to terms with the fact that I'm going bald. Sigh. What an injustice. I have to get used to wearing a hat when I go outside.

I don't really have any other news; everything is proceeding smoothly. I am being pretty good about exercising most days, either jogging, swimming, or using the school gym. Work is okay, my stress level is low, etc. etc. All in all, so far so good.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home